PQMD Member Johnson & Johnson Seeks Global Community Impact Contributions Fund Lead
Requisition ID: 6425170328
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Global Community Impact, Contributions Fund Lead. The position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position provides strategic oversight, governance and financial leadership for the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies Contributions Fund. This position reports into the Social Business Practices Head on the Global Community Impact team.The Contributions Fund Lead will be responsible for providing strategic oversight, governance and financial leadership for the Fund. This is a position requiring strong experience in fund management and oversight, leadership, long-term strategic planning, financial discipline and excellent relationship-building skills.
- Develop a vision, purpose, structure and new operating principles for the Fund.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Corporate Finance, Tax, Treasury, Legal, Internal Audit and Quality/Six Sigma to ensure financial management excellence and accountability.
- Identify & engage board members in ongoing dialogue, decision making, oversight.
- Partner with GCI’s Program-Related Investments Lead and Financial Mgmt. team on financial modelling, deal structures, due diligence and transaction support.
- Champion an entrepreneurial spirit and solutions-oriented thinking.
- Build acute knowledge and understanding of financial and operations best practices, the evolving regulatory environment and related developments affecting corporate funds / foundations.
- Explore technology solution(s) to drive efficiencies and audit trails.
- Guide ongoing direction of the Fund to optimize flexible near- & long-term scenario planning based on new opportunities & possibilities.
- Exceptional analytical skills and financial management discipline.
- Strong, dynamic leadership style and teamwork approach.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, and innovative thinker who can also translate ideas into practical applications.
- Supervisory and managerial skills.
- Active listener with keen sensibilities to diverse points of view.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
- Strong business acumen with ability to engage and influence.
- Exhibit expertise in managing complex, multi-dimensional projects across sector / region having a significant business impact.
- Grounded, values-based mindset and a strong track record in social business practices, corporate responsibility or related field.
- Self-directed, highly flexible and ability to embrace ambiguity.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Required Leadership Competencies
Live Our Credo – Demonstrates and inspires the behaviors that reinforce Our Credo.
Connect – Cultivates meaningful external relationships and partnerships outside of J&J, adding value and insights for the enterprise; insight-driven to proactively uncover critical unmet needs and turn them into new opportunities.
Shape – Translates insights into innovative and viable products or solutions, creating value; challenges the status quo and leads change management activities, creating positive change; takes and properly manages risks, while maintaining the highest standards of quality and compliance, contributing to value creation.
Lead – Takes ownership for talent acquisition, performance and development in a way that enhances the performance and development of self and others; maximizes and leverages diverse perspectives, backgrounds and talent to generate innovative ideas or solutions to address organizational challenges; engages in and encourages others to have transparent and constructive conversations and encourages others, contributing to a high-performing organization.
Deliver – empowers people to act with speed, agility, and accountability, enabling them to achieve organizational goals and strategies; makes decisions and takes actions based on a global and enterprise-wide mindset that adds value across the enterprise; balances short- and long-term strategic choices, positions the organization to achieve both short-term and expected future results
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in driving excellence and innovation in financial management, oversight and governance for a corporate foundation, nongovernmental organization or nonprofit.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Track record of strong leadership, personal initiative, and delivering results.
- Adept at dealing with ambiguity and an ever-changing global health environment.
- Supervisory and/or Management experience.
- Proven track record of creativity, and innovative practices and programs.
- Experience working in a large multi-national company and global corporate function.
- Experience working in a decentralized and matrixed environment.
- Master’s Degree.