Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Partnership for Quality Medical Donations?
The Partnership for Quality Medical Donations is an alliance of the major non-governmental organizations that facilitate and/or manage donations of pharmaceuticals and medical equipment for emergency relief and development programs and the pharmaceutical and medical equipment manufacturers that provide the donated products. It is an effort to improve the process for procuring and distributing product to those in need effectively and in accordance with recipient populations' needs.
Who belongs to the PQMD?
The PQMD membership is currently comprised of thirteen non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and fourteen pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical supply manufacturers involved in the donation and delivery of medicines to the developing world.
New members are added by invitation and based on the strategic needs of the organizaiton. For more information contact Executive Director Lori Warrens.
For a listing of current PQMD members, click here.
What are the mission and objectives of PQMD?
The Partnership for Quality Medical Donations and its members, in alliance with related organizations, is dedicated to the development, dissemination and adherence to high standards in the delivery of medical products to under-served people and disaster victims around the world.
- Develop and promote sound donation practices by donor and recipient organizations
- Represent members' interests before national and international agencies responsible for policy formulation affecting medical product donations and distribution
- Encourage documentation and scholarly study of health and socioeconomic impacts of the donation of health care products and services
- Educate audiences on member projects and programs that serve to encourage replication of appropriate donation practices
How do I contact PQMD?
Have a question about medical donations not answered on our website? Click here to visit our contact us page.
Is PQMD a nonprofit organization?
Yes. PQMD is a 501(c) (3) tax-exempt nonprofit membership organization.
What kinds of activities does PQMD sponsor?
- commissioning studies on the impact of drug donations;
- educating various audiences on appropriate donation practices;
- communicating PQMD members' donation programs/activities;
- hosting educational conferences;
- participating in various other efforts designed to improve donation standards
How are PQMD activities supported?
PQMD activities are funded through grants, member contributions and members dues.